Don’t take my words for it… Michael Hart, George Bernard Shaw, and of late, even Deepak Chopra has conferred this title on him- The Leader of Leaders.
And this legend once told his loyal followers that he was yearning to be reunited with his brothers.
Upon hearing these words, the companions said: “O Messenger of God! Are we not your brothers?”
“You are my companions. My brothers are the believers who will follow me without even seeing me. He continued-“And I really look forward to welcoming them on the Day of Judgment”
He was referring to us– Every human being who chooses to follow the practices of this exemplary role model.
In addition to being showered with the blessing of meeting the leader himself, being his follower will also improve your leadership skills phenomenally which will help you to win over every challenge that you face today in every area of your life.
Skeptical? Let me try to give you a few examples. I don’t have the luxury of time. But if you can invest ten minutes and read through to the very end of this post, you will get 11 solid tips that can awaken and/or develop the leader in you.
1) Set the most challenging targets for yourself: This leader taught us to seek the highest honors in this world and in the hereafter. He taught us to crave and pray for nothing less than the highest ranks in heaven.
2) Keep trying till you succeed: In the 23 years that he took to realize his mission, he would have failed a hundred times. But he learnt from his mistakes and improved his approaches to get the result he wanted. Even when he met god almighty, he went back to him repeatedly to get the decrees that he wanted. His famous message to Ali was- Keep fighting till god gives you victory
3) Be the most positive person in the world: This comes through submitting completely to the will of almighty god. He braved tremendous odds and took up unbelievingly challenging projects with absolute faith in god. Every win and failure was seen as a blessing and steps forward.
4) Build a team: He took decisions only after consulting with his team. He changed decisions when his team disagreed. He empowered even the youngest of them by giving them responsibilities and he supported them all the way. Even after winning back his motherland, he preferred to stay back with the team that supported him. Even when it came to fleeing for his life, he started only after all his followers were safe.
5) Show integrity: Whatever he preached, he practiced. Be it fasting, praying, simplicity, he was miles ahead of his followers. Even his worst detractors had to appreciate his truthfulness.
6) Forgive!!!!!: He was a leader who forbade revenge. Though he was hounded and wounded by his enemies and though countless followers were killed in unprovoked attacks, he chose to forgive all the perpetrators after he won over them. From positions of extreme strengths and invincibility, he showered forgiveness on his enemies, converting them to followers instantly.
7) Be Fair: When it came to appointing people or distribution of wealth, he made sure that the best man for the job was appointed regardless of race or position. He said that unfairness is a sin against god, his prophet and all humanity.
8 Give !!!!: Though he became the undisputed lord of Arabia, he died as a pauper as he had given away everything that he had. He and his family used to go hungry after giving away even the little morsels that they had.
9) Communicate effectively: Even when he was faced with criticism, he would patiently listen and explain his position. In his life, he never showed aggression. Though he was provoked a million times, he never ever became angry. He would always be the first to appreciate and the last to criticize. He was so persuasive that his detractors used to cover their ears in his presence, fearing that they would be convinced as well. It was this ability that made him the beloved leader of a nation that rebuked him for ages.
10 Be Humble: He was always the first one to offer his hand and to greet others. In any gathering, he would never sit in a conspicuous position that signifies authority. He forbade people from getting up to honor him.
11) Be a 360 degree success: He was supremely successful in every role that he played- professionally as a spiritual leader, political leader, judge, army general and a plethora of other roles. Personally as a father, husband and son he has given examples that would guide each and every one of us. Even years after the death of his wife Khadija, he would visit their relatives. He found time to play games with his wife and fondle and caress his grandchildren. He would visit his friends if they were ailing and would be available for anyone who wanted to see him at any time.
I could go on and on. But the point is this. Read about this leader. Follow him. And you will succeed in your job and in your relationships. You will attain peace of mind and contentment. And what is more- you will get to be with him- in soul and spirit for ever…..in the hereafter.
6 responses to “A rendezvous with the leader of leaders”
Awesome write up, may Allah reward you for the efforts.
And u too bro
sangeeth u r some thing great
i am looking forward to get a copy of all this in a hard copy form.
A concise & lucid presentation, appropriately referenced and dotted with examples serving both as inspiration and motivation.
One of your best article so far through my perspective.
Wallah, What a grate work, so inspiring. May Almighty reward, and strengthen your thoughts and words.